Wednesday 25 January 2012

This is me!


Okay so I have composed myself. A Whopping 120 new incredible fans and tons of comments of praise and encouragement. I WAS TRULY TRULY HUMBLED TO THE POINT OF SOBBING! Huge thanks to all those who shared my story on their page, YOU ROCK! To think that little ol' me could be a source of motivation to people is beyond belief for me. Chances are if you "liked" my Facebook page it's cause you wanna know more. Well let's just be clear about one thing. I AM NOT A DOCTOR! I can't give any medical advice or guidance for any specific disease or condition sorry. I'm just a mom of 4 kids all under the ages of 10 years old and wife to a wonderful and extremely accepting and loving husband who eats the same way I do (His progress update coming soon..).

I have a very hectic life, I don't make a ton of money and I've have always been overweight. My numerous pregnancies didn't help that matter much! My entire life I felt I was cursed with bad genetics and hated my body for the way it looked and felt. Learning to eat properly (Along with my family's undying love and support) has taught me to listen to my body and work with it, not against it. For the first time in my life I love and respect my body and am committed to helping it along in every way possible. I see now that I'm not cursed. I'm blessed! The past 8 months for me have been spent "unlearning" everything I have always known about food/eating and "relearning" how, how much, when and what to eat as well as where my food comes from and what has been done to it (if anything). There is sooo much we don't know about the foods we trust are FDA approved and nicely packaged and placed on the shelves for us to conveniently grab. I've worked on making a mental shift from eating because something looks or smells good to eating to sustain and nourish myself (Eating to live not living to eat). Learning to recognize when I'm truly hungry and when I'm full. Is it easy? No. Not always, but as my journey progresses the cravings have subsided, my bodily functions have improved in several ways (I'll spare you guys and not get into that! LOL), I'm setting my kids up with healthy and positive associations/habits with food and they will grow up to be healthy and strong.

My meals have more color, flavor and life in them, I have and continue to make new and exciting food discoveries almost on a daily basis. It's all been very liberating and empowering. I don't see my new way of eating as deprived or limited. I see all the endless potential to take what nature gives me and spice it up however I choose! Each day is a challenge for me to see what new, fresh and exciting stuff I can do with veggies and proteins. I LOVE IT!! I know not everyone has this passion, time or interest so stick around 'cause I'm gonna let you in on all my secrets! No matter what your limitations are whether financial, emotional, physical, psychological.

Moderation is bullshit! There is just some food that is bad! Period! Stop making excuses. Stop wollowing in self pity. Get up! Make a choice to be healthy and happy and take charge of your life. Each day will get easier. You'll see! And I'll be around to help you when you get stuck! :)Will this lifestyle get me to 100? Who knows but I know that along the way I will be feeling young, healthy, sexy, limber and fit! I'm so honored that you're all here and I look forward to sharing, exploring and learning together in this "foodtopia" of mine! I sincerely welcome you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment