Thursday 5 January 2012

Food glorious food!




My family and I thoroughly enjoy tonight's dinner. I made a prime rib roast under the broiler which I rubbed with a tangy marinade consisting of Fresh lime juice, Cumin, Salt & pepper, fresh garlic, smoked Paprika and olive oil. Boy was it ever good!

Next I made a sweet carrot salad: Grated fresh carrots, chopped flat leaf parsley, Grated orange rind, honey, lemon juice, a tad of olive oil, a bit of honey and salt. I allowed it to sit in the fridge for about an hour so the flavors could marry. It had a sweet and tangy flavor. Perfect!

And last Garlic steamed beans: I steamed both green and yellow string beans just until tender (Not too long). Then tossed in olive oil, lots of fresh garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. OMG, heavenly!
We had a few small pieced of 70% dark chocolate with some green tea for dessert. All in all a very filling and satisfying meal. :)

3 comments:

  1. Jen, take a day each week and get cooking! Be creative. Cook for the week. Make stuff you enjoy! I like to refer to some of my favorite cookbooks for inspiration. It only takes a little planning but you'll be eating fantastic meals all week long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Th meat looks heaven!!! I need to make rib roast sometime....

    ReplyDelete